March 13, 2013

Packing for NYC!

So this afternoon turned out to be quite stressful for me. This morning, my friends and I woke up (from a sleepover!) around 10:30 and we chatted a bit and went to make brunch. After they all left by 1:30 I set off onto my next mission, packing. Since I'm off school this week for March Break, tomorrow at 4 a.m. my parents and I are going to drive 10, hopefully short, hours to New York City. I've been putting packing off for a while and have been really lazy.


Once I got my ass off my bed, I opened my closet and was greeted by this mess.

Yes, that is a One Direction poster on the door.
Usually I love packing. I would start packing two weeks before because it gives me some motivation to get through the next few weeks until I'm on vacation. But for some reason this time I just wasn't up for it. I'm a very indecisive person so the past 4 hours have been beyond stressful. I finally decided on these things to bring to my little trip to the Big Apple.

A soft and comfy stripe-y shirt from Brandy Melville for the car ride there and a pair of black leggings to go with it.



Jeans, of course. 


One of my favourite t-shirts by Talula


A maroon t-shirt from Topshop with a little pocket. I love this top because the body of it is a shiny material and the sleeves and pockets are regular fabric. You can sorta see it in the photo. 


A baggy oversized cream cardigan from Brandy Melville, perfect for the chilly New York weather! 


Blue/Denim shirt from Quicksilver great for layering and wearing alone.  


Batman + Flannel= Coolest Pajamas Ever. 


For shoes I've decided to bring my Steve Madden Combat Boots and Mel & Kate Black Suede Wedge Booties :)



Finally, my makeup! Just the basics: foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeliner, primer and blush. I'm giving my brushes a quick wash before I leave but they'll join my makeup in there tomorrow :) 


How fitting, wearing my I <3 NY shirt while packing for NY lol

I'm super excited for New York now, I cannot wait to shop and eat and experience city life again! New York City never gets old :)


No comments:

Post a Comment