April 11, 2013

Grandma's Hand-Me-Downs

Over the past year or so my grandmother started giving me a few of her old jewelry pieces. I guess I've gotten old enough to appreciate them and actually wear them. This is what I have collected so far from her :)

Definitely my favourite one, her old Cartier watch:
I wear it all the time, one of my favourite things about it is that it still has to be hand wound. Whenever I first put it on, I have to set the time again and wind it up, and wind it again every few hours or so. I really love it because it's so old but it still works and is beautiful. This watch is timeless. (Haha, get it?)





A gold patterned bangle:
I have an insanely small wrist so not many bracelets fit me but this one is perfect! The pattern is also pretty cool and unique, I've never seen another bracelet remotely simliar to this one.




A blue floral bangle:
Unfortunately, as mentioned before, my wrist is tiny so this bangle doesn't really fit well... But it's still so beautiful I wear it kinda like an arm cuff, but higher up on my forearm.



:)



Everything is gold or has gold accents to it, which isn't surprising since my grandma typically only wears gold accessories, and most of my accessories are silver so they're perfect additions to my jewelry collection! But what I really love about them are that they're so old but they're still so beautiful and I can still wear them today. And whenever I wear them, I think of my grandmother :)


(P.s. My nail polish is from Forever 21!)

No comments:

Post a Comment