April 1, 2013

New York City: Day 2

Here's a little recap of my second day in the Big Apple with my parents! We started the day off by going back to Soho to exchange the Union Jack sweater I bought yesterday because there was a massive hole in the side (most likely from the sales girl taking off the alarm tag....) 

Of course, the first stop was Starbucks to get our coffee and free wifi fix!

Just call me CloƩ!
To fill in a few gaps, we exchanged my sweater and made the mistake of walking into Bloomingdale's. Please listen to this craziness, they were having two promotion at once. Sign up for a membership card and get 20% off your entire purchase plus $25 off your purchase of $100 or more! How could you say no to that? Mom bought a new Longchamp purse, heels, and a Tory Burch phone case.

I bought these! In love with this colour!

One of my favourite purchases of the whole trip! Can't wait to wear them when it's warmer!
While inside Bloomingdale's I stumbled upon a Rebecca Minkoff purse... soft leather, bright colour, chains and strips of leather hanging and dangling everywhere... oh my goodness it was beautiful. But I decided to leave it and we headed off to 5th Avenue!
 

Some lovely Manhattan architecture
A 24 hour underground Apple store! How cool?!
At the famous Magnolia Bakery! (Ignore my awkward smile)

Dinner at David Burke inside Bloomingdale's 

Mom's Creamy Pea Risotto, very light but still very tasty!
My Margherita Pizza, yumm.
Dad was dying for a good ol' American burger and he got it!

Mom and I walking around Manhattan
Don't think my dad didn't get his shopping fix either! He spent his quota at Superdry and the huge chain store from Japan, Uni Qlo, as did my mom. (I did buy a pair of pants or two from there... and maybe a tshirt...)
Dad and I showing off our haul at the end of the day (clearly we're both tired!)

You're welcome Bloomingdale's 

Hands down the best cupcakes ever. Simply amazing. 
Okay, I went back for the purse. Rebecca Minkoff was calling my name! How could I resist? As my dad was trying on clothes at Superdry across the street from Bloomingdale's I couldn't stop thinking about the purse and I knew I had to go back. I made a rule for myself though, if it couldn't fit my long Kate Spade wallet, I wouldn't buy it (I've had to switch wallets way too many times to accomodate my purse, very annoying.). Fortunately for me, it fit! Ahh!

Annddd, here's my baby!



Cute little note inside every Rebecca Minkoff item, something to make every girl a little more special! 
And there was my second day of my NYC trip in a nutshell! I did feel bad spending so much money, which was why I was reluctant to buy the purse but my parents told me all the money I was spending was a reward for doing so well in school (see, stay in school kids, it pays off!) which I am so grateful for and lucky to have them. All in all, it was a wonderful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment