April 3, 2013

New York City: Day 3

My third and final day in New York City was one of the most exciting days I would say. I met up with my friends Janine and Cecile (check out their blogs!) they were coincidentally in New York the exact same days as me! The day started when they came to my hotel around 9 and we went down a few blocks to 34th & 7th to get our shopping onnnnnn.

I didn't buy much as I spent loads the two days before, but here are my two major purchases of the day:

White collared button down from H&M 

New bikini which I'm really excited to wear this summer! Top from PINK, bottoms from H&M 
After shopping, we walked up to Times Square for some Starbucks wifi, tourist photo-ops and the M&M Store.
(New Yorkers were celebrating St. Patrick's Day and Times Square was packed with loud, drunks dressed in green, all the more fun!)







From left to right: Janine, Me & Cecile :)


CHOCOLATE!



They have flavours only available at this store like coconut and raspberry! Amazinggggg.


After a super fun morning, I met back up with my parents and they surprised me with tickets to the matinee show of Spider-Man on Broadway! It was so much fun, my first Broadway show ever and it was very entertaining! It was so cool, there were about 15 different people playing Spider-Man to do all the tricks. He was flying all over the audience and theatre, absolutely crazy!



Unfortunately, photography was not allowed inside the theatre, as my mother and I were promptly reminded about every 5 minutes, so the few photos I have are quite blurry and grainy, sorry!



:)

Mother and I haha 
                          
                                       Some of Spidy's web landed on us, he even landed right behind my dad!
After the show we found this tiny, family-owned Italian restaurant across the street from the theatre and it was delicious! Best Italian food I've ever had at Bella Vita.

Fried Zucchini with Yogurt Dipping Sauce

Penne a la Vodka (My dish, and it was phenomenal)

Pesto Fusilli (My dad's pick which I was less fond of, not a big fan of pine nuts)
Mom's 'White Pizza' with Fresh Spinach and Mushrooms, yuuummmm






After a fun day and delicious dinner, we strolled through the Manhattan streets at nighttime one last time and headed back to our hotel to rest up for the early morning wake up and long drive back home. It was a nice little getaway that was much needed. Can't wait till the next time I'm back in New York City!

1 comment: