February 21, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Healthy Goodness

I've been trying to get back into my somewhat healthy eating habit after Christmas and as I was searching online for yummy but healthy dessert recipes, I stumbled upon this lovely recipe, Banana-Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies. They're really easy and simple to make, don't take a lot of time, healthy and tasty!


Here's what you'll need: 

1 cup oat flour
3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup plain soy milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 ripe banana, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or other favorite nut
1/3 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips 

This was copy/pasted directly from the website, but personally, I didn't put any nuts in because I thought the chocolate, oats and banana was enough. Plus, I put a whole banana in because I love them and I don't really like nuts in baked goods. But that's just my personal preference, go with whatever your taste buds desire!

Simple steps:

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 6 ingredients (through sugar) in a bowl. Whisk together oil, soy milk, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients; stir to combine. Fold in banana, walnuts, and chocolate chips.

2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough onto pan with a small ice-cream scoop. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown, turning baking sheet halfway through. Let cool on a wire rack.


Unfortunately, when I was making them my kitchen was a mess, the actual mix wasn't very pretty to photograph, my hands were all sticky from rolling the dough and it was late at night so I didn't take any pictures during the process, sorry!! Next time, I promise. But nonetheless it was worth it to make, especially with a nice tall glass of milk. 




For all you health nuts or fellow wanna-be-healthy-but-can't-but-down-the-dessert gals, the website I got the recipe from has all the nutritional information and other healthy, delicious recipes I am dying to try. If you're not a big fan of bananas or oatmeal or chocolate (how??) try the other ones and let me know how they go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment