February 5, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars


Okay, so this is hands-down one of the best books I've ever read. (I'm actually currently re-reading it.) The Fault In Our Stars is Time Magazine's #1 book of 2012 and is on my list of fantastic books that will never get old. (Which is much more exclusive.) You know when you read a book that just makes you think about life? After reading it you look at the world differently, even if it is just for a few moments, but everything just feels so... good? No? Just me? Okay. But honestly, it's an incredible novel, every person I recommend it to, love it, even those ones who don't live in their room for 24 hours when they find an awesome new read like me. 

"And in freedom, most people find sin."
The book is filled with quotes that make you think and put a smile on your face.

I'm horrible at summaries, I either don't put enough detail past the name of the main characters or simply give away the entire story, but I shall try my best, so please bear with me.

The Fault In Our Stars is about a girl named Hazel who has cancer.... and meets this guy named Augustus.

So that was it. I won't do the story justice whatsoever and will spoil it, but pick up the book and you'll find out what happens to Hazel and Augustus yourself! This isn't a typical 'cancer book' filled with grief and tears that makes you want to hug everyone you see. There is so much more to it. The way John Green writes makes you believe she is just a typical teenager (granted, she is pretty smart) trying to live her life the best she can with her cancer as a 'professional sick person' as Hazel puts it.  

It's so good that even Hollywood has picked it up for a movie! Read it before you see it, it's always better that way. If you ever find yourself wandering through a bookstore pick this book up, you won't regret it trust me.  

1 comment:

  1. Love this book too! I will probably re-read it as well... just throw it over the fence when you are done!

    ReplyDelete